Monday, May 12, 2014

Last week.

Hello!
Well it looks like it could be my last week here.  I can't believe that i have already been here for a little over 7 months.  The longest people stay in 1 area is usually 5 months.  So I'm pretty much toast!  They call us on Saturday at let us know who is staying and who is going.  So we will see.
The beginning of the week was awesome!  We had a lesson with one of our investigators.... and all he talked about was the book of Revelation and the 4 horse men...  After the lesson we decided our time could be spent somewhere else.  After we went and visited our neighbor Joanne.  She is awesome.  She is 80, but acts like she's 50.   After she hugged my companion and I, but said she liked Elder Bowers a little more because he is a republican.  After i told her i was one as well she jumped for joy and pretty much tackled me in an embrace.  So she loves me just as much:) 
The next day i went on an exchange to the Greensburg Elder area.  The companion i went with is a little shy, so it was my goal to break him out of his shell.  I just kept talking to him and having a good time, and he came out of it pretty quickly.  He's super funny, and it was a blast!
Toward the end of the week we had dinner at the McDowell's.  A recent convert family.  They are solid in the church.  It was a lot of fun, and we helped the Sister's teach the lesson--since they are in their area.  It was great, and the parents pretty much taught their kids the lesson.  They have required the knowledge so quickly.
We were supposed to have our baptism on Friday, but he didn't come to church last Sunday.  So now it is this Saturday.  Instead we went to visit our new investigators.  They are from El Salvador and don't really speak any English.  We took a member who spoke Spanish so he could translate for us.  It was such a cool experience.  I wish i spoke Spanish!  They really liked everything, and seemed to really accept it.  They asked us to come back tonight.  It built my testimony on the spirit in teaching though.  Even though i didn't know what was being said i felt the spirit with it.  The spirit really is the universal language.  It doesn't matter how well you speak the language, because if you don't speak by the spirit it doesn't matter.
It was a great week.  It flew by.  I already feel like this week is over.  There is never enough time.  But I love serving a mission, and there isn't anything else I'd rather be doing right now.  Have a great week.  Love ya!




Elder Birrell






A Picture a member sent to me for Mother's Day!


The stash of groceries that Austin bought for $28.  He was so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment